How do people in need find out about your program?
- We mainly operate through word of mouth. Over the years, many people have also found out about us through arcenciel’s many outreach programs. Schools have also gotten in touch with us directly.
I know a person whose parents cannot afford to send them to school anymore. Can I refer them to your program?
- Yes! Please ask them to get in touch with our team by using the Contact Us link on this page.
If a child gets sponsored this year, do they immediately get sponsored for the following one?
- As long as a family is in need of support, we strive to keep that child in school until they graduate, budget permitting.
Do sponsored children need to prove any educational achievement requirement?
- No, we believe that a child’s basic right to education should not be contingent on academic performance.
Can I choose which child I want to sponsor?
- We are receiving a high number of requests for support at the moment so our dedicated team of social workers will prioritize support according to level of need.
Do you also sponsor university fees?
- arcenciel aims to support a variety of needs, but The Bank to School initiative only covers primary and secondary schools' tuition.
Can I request to sponsor a child from a specific school, region, gender or religion?
- We are receiving a high number of requests for support at the moment so our dedicated team of social workers will prioritize support according to level of need. Under our strict equal opportunities for all as well as no child left behind policies, we do not differentiate on the basis of region, religion, class, gender or any other personal attributes.
How do I know that the money I am donating is paying for a child’s tuition?
- In order to ensure full transparency, arcenciel pays the schools directly. The Bank To School team will also be sending donors regular updates to let you know how your money has been spent and the impact you have had. If you so wish, we can even put you in touch directly with the child you are sponsoring! Just let us know by filling the survey in the Donate page!
I would like to speak to someone about becoming a program ambassador. How can I contact you?
- We thank you for your interest! Please get in touch using the Contact Us link on this page!
I want to sponsor a child’s entire tuition for a year. How can I do that?
- That’s fantastic! Please get in touch using the Contact Us link on this page!
How much of the money donated goes towards tuition fees?
- Provided that you have filled the survey on our Donate page or added "Bank To School" in the Comment box at the time of your donation, arcenciel will use your donation exclusively towards tuition fees (there are no hidden costs outside of the payment transaction fees). In other words, all of the money you donate will go towards sponsoring a child's education.
What happens to the money donated if schools don’t reopen and classes are delivered online?
- The donated money still goes towards paying for a child’s tuition.
Does it make a difference if I donate money in fresh USD, local USD or LBP?
- Yes and no. All the money donated is converted to LBP in order to pay the schools using the updated exchange rate. According to the latest update, fresh USD has a higher “street value” compared to local USD and will be worth much more when converting to LBP.
I heard that money in Lebanon is stuck in the banks and one cannot retrieve their deposits. How is arcenciel going to withdraw the donated money?
- Since all donations are being converted to LBP (see FAQ above), there will not be any problem. There are no limits on withdrawing LBP.
Is there a deadline by which I need to donate money to pay for a child’s tuition?
- Not really. The situation on the ground is dynamic, meaning more and more people are struggling to make ends meet. Depending on the school, tuition fees are usually paid up front for the year or by semester. As an established NGO, arcenciel has developed strong relationships with schools all across Lebanon which allows them to act as guarantors towards the child’s tuition until they find suitable funding.
How much money have you raised so far? How many children have you helped?
- Please refer back to the tracker on our home page for the most up to date numbers!